Adopt a cat
Thinking about offering a home to a cat or kitten?
Achieving the best outcome for our cats and for you...
At Cats Protection, one of our main objectives is to find good homes for the cats in our care. Please appreciate that it is imperative after the experiences that some have suffered that they are placed in the right home to meet their specific needs. Our experienced staff will guide you through the homing process by carefully helping to match you with the cat that will be happy in your environment. We want to ensure that as far as possible the cat coming into your life is just right for you, your family, your lifestyle and your future plans.
- Before any cat/kitten can be reserved or adopted:
- we require you to fill in an application form, with details of where you live and the nature of your household, as well as what you are hoping for in a cat. We then check your address on Google and decide whether we need to carry out a home visit.
- if your home is rented, a copy of your tenancy agreement stating that a cat or cats are allowed at the property will be required before you reserve or adopt a cat.
- we like a cat-flap to be fitted (applications are considered on an individual basis).
- homes on/near a busy road might have an age recommendation.
- only FIV cats are placed in indoor homes (please ask for details on FIV).
- a single kitten cannot be homed where it will be left on its own all day every day.
- we must meet the person who is homing the cat/kitten.
- a cat/kitten cannot be homed as a Christmas, birthday or any other surprise present.
Adopting with confidence...
When you adopt a cat/kitten from Exeter Axhayes, you have complete peace of mind that your cat is:
- all cats and kittens will be neutered before going home.
- vaccinated for cat flu, enteritis and leukaemia.
- health checked by a vet.
- treated for fleas and worms.
- insured for four weeks, free with Pet Plan.
And friendly, helpful advice is available on the end of the phone, or on reception. With all this taken care of, you and your new cat/kitten are assured of the very best start to a long and happy life together.
Our Adoption fee...
We give our cats love and cuddles for free...however whilst in our care, veterinary treatment for any one cat could cost £200 or more. With this in mind, we ask for an adoption fee of £60 per cat/kitten, and we are confident that you will appreciate the great benefits and value that this fee represents to you, and how it can in turn help Cats Protection to help more cats in need.
Before you make your decision to adopt...
Take time to read through some of our Essential Guides, especially Feline Behaviour, and if you have children, Cats and Children. Also, please consider the fact that cats can live well into their twenties!
Thank-you for your interest in the cats and kittens at Exeter Axhayes Adoption Centre, and we hope to see you soon!
Some of the cats in our care may not yet be on our website. If you are looking for a feline companion, please contact us on 01395 232377